Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Benefits of Excercise

When I first started this blog a few years ago I was really excited to get started.  I love Fitness and Nutrition and I wanted to share all I knew, but with who?  The funny thing is I thought I was sharing it with all these people who were going to maybe read my blog, but when no one was really reading my blog I kind of got bored and stopped.

The other day I was asked to talk to some young girls about exercise and fitness.  As I was preparing what I was going to say I decided to look back over my blog.  It re inspired me!  Oh how glad I am that I started this blog and now I'm so glad to start up again.  After taking 6 months off I am back!

So as I was contemplating what to talk to these girls about I thought I should start with the benefits of exercise! In my own life exercise has been like a little life boat.  It keeps me a float!  When everything is falling a part around me exercise helps me to focus on the happy good things in my life.  My lens is clearer, my view is better.  Of course we all want a better body, but this cannot be your purpose for exercising.  You must have something more or you will eventually fail.

Here are just a few of the proven benefits of exercise:

 Reduces the risk of dying prematurely from heart disease. 
 Reduces the risk of developing diabetes. 
 Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure. 
 Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure.
 Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer. 
 Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety. 
 Helps control weight. 
 Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints. 

Today again I struggled with finding the time and energy to workout, but I reached deep inside to remind myself of what I am really doing for myself.  Two years ago I was struggling with kidney stones.  I am still struggling with kidney stone.  If I had let that be an excuse for not exercising can you imagine all the other health problems I would have?  You cannot afford to not exercise.  God has given us our body and we must take care of it!  What would happen if you stopped putting oil in your car?  What will happen if you do not take care of your body?

No comments:

Post a Comment